JASON PARKS
STAFF WRITER
The Board of Directors at Quinte Health Care have found a candidate to fill the shoes of longtime President and Chief Executive Officer Mary Clare Egberts.
The Board announced late last week Stacey Daub will take the reins as President and CEO January 4, 2021.
Daub is currently the Vice President, Strategy, Integration and Digital Health at North York General Hospital in Toronto. Prior to her current role, she served as the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Headwaters Health Care Centre in Orangeville. Her health care leadership experience spans two decades, and includes serving as CEO of the Toronto Community Care Access Centre.
“Hospitals are arguably one of the most complex systems to operate – add to that a pandemic and it becomes abundantly clear that effective and qualified leadership is absolutely essential,” said QHC Board Chair David MacKinnon “Ms. Daub is a visionary health care leader who is committed to a culture of clinical excellence and patient and family-centered care. The Board is confident that she has the passion and expertise to lead the organization through COVID-19, and into the future.”
MacKinnon added Daub has a demonstrated track record of working across government and organizations to serve communities.
“She believes in developing strong partnerships and working with the community,” He said.
Prior to entering the healthcare sector, Daub earned an MA from University of Waterloo, an MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business and has garnered provincial and national recognition including: Top 100 Women of Canada, 20 Faces of Change, National Award for Organizational Leadership in Diversity and Inclusion, and Ministers Medal for Quality Improvement.
Mary Clare Egberts. (Gazette File Photo)
“My family and I are excited about the opportunity to become part of the communities served by the QHC hospitals,” Daub stated. “I believe this area is uniquely positioned to become a model for rural health care delivery in Ontario and I look forward to working with our partners to better understand how QHC can be part of achieving this goal. Collaborative partnerships are critical to improving health and health care in our community, particularly as we continue to address the pandemic.”
In addition to her corporate duties, Daub has found time to serve on several boards and advisory committees including the Ontario Hospital Association, the Change Foundation, Rotman School of Management: Health and Life Sciences and the Creative Destructive Lab.
Daub’s appointment and commencement of her employment means Egberts can finally start planning her retirement.
QHC’s current President and CEO announced her retirement in January 2020 and it was her intention was to retire in the summer, but at the request of the Board, Egberts agreed to remain with the organization until the end of 2020 due to the pandemic.
“Mary Clare Egberts has been a dynamic and effective President and CEO – with many significant accomplishments in her 10-year tenure at QHC,” MacKinnon added. “We thank her for her contributions to the health of all who live in the Quinte region.”
It was under Egberts tenure at QHC that the case for a new Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital was made the top capital priority within the organization.
Not long after that designation, the capital branch of the Ministry of Health and Longterm Care called for a business case regarding the rehabilitation of the local hospital.
See it in the newspaper